Thyme is one of our favourite fragrant herbs that grow incredibly easily in SA.
Goat’s Cheese & Thyme Bruschetta
- Lightly toast two pieces of sourdough bread.
- Spread a generous amount of chèvre (goat’s cheese) on each piece of toast.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves and walnuts.
- Lastly, drizzle toast with a little organic honey.
More Recipe Ideas:
- Sautéed mushrooms with garlic and thyme
- Lemon and thyme roasted chicken thighs
- Grapefruit and thyme gin cocktail
- Thyme is a fragrant, versatile herb, often used in French and Mediterranean cuisine.
- Lamb and thyme is a classic combination because the floral notes of the herb balance the richness of the lamb.
- If you have an abundance of fresh thyme, you can dry and store it for later use.
- Simply leave the sprigs on paper towels to dry. When completely dry, remove the leaves by sliding your thumb and index finger along the stem. Store the leaves in an airtight container and discard the stems.
For more healthy recipes…
Follow Nikita Singh @nikitasinghstylist on social media
Nikita is a food writer, stylist & recipe developer based in Johannesburg.