Come winter or summer, it’s the vegetable that never stops giving. Make use of this easy-to-grow and find staple.
- Spinach is easy to prep and clean. Simply cut and remove the large middle stem. Roughly chop the remaining leaf and place in a colander. Wash leaves thoroughly and pat dry with a paper towel.
- For baby and young leaves, you do not need to remove the stem.
Recipe of the Month: Mini Frittatas
You will need:
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbs milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 chili, finely chopped
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- Grease a muffin tin with non-stick spray or butter and pre-heat oven to 160°C.
- In a measuring jug, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper until combined. Set aside.
- Heat a medium-sized pan and add olive oil.
- Add onion, garlic and chili and fry for a minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach and stir through until slightly wilted. Remove pan from heat.
- Divide the spinach mixture between six muffin holes.
- Pour the egg mixture equally between each muffin hole and place the muffin tin in the oven. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
More Recipe Ideas:
- Spinach, mushroom & sundried tomato pasta
- Spinach & feta quiche
- Spinach & basil pesto
For more healthy recipes…
Follow Nikita Singh @nikitasinghstylist on social media
Nikita is a food writer, stylist & recipe developer based in Johannesburg.