Sweet potatoes are an amazing staple that can be used in so many ways!
Recipe of the Month: Easy Baked Sweet Potato
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
2. Thoroughly wash the sweet potato, then dry with a paper towel.
3. Using a fork, poke a few holes in the sweet potato to allow steam to escape.
4. Using your hands, massage olive oil around the sweet potato. Then sprinkle with salt.
5. Place on an oven tray and put in the oven to bake for one hour, or until soft.
6. Flip potato halfway through cooking time to ensure even cooking.
Other Recipe Ideas:
- Sweet potato and chickpea curry
- Sweet potato fries
- Sweet potato slices with avocado & fried egg
Did you know?
- Sweet potato is a complex carbohydrate which means it keeps you fuller for longer
- It’s rich in dietary fibre and beta-carotene
- You can balance the sweetness of this potato with cayenne pepper or paprika
For more healthy recipes…
Follow Nikita Singh @nikitasinghstylist on social media
Nikita is a food writer, stylist & recipe developer based in Johannesburg.